EFT - The Basic Tapping Process
1. Think of the emotional issue you most strongly feel and want to release.
2. Determine the distress level with this issue on a scale of 0 to 10, where 10 is maximum intensity and 0 is no intensity.
3. The Setup Phrase: Repeat this statement three times, while continuously tapping the Karate Chop point on the outside edge of the hand (large dot on hand in diagram on the right, below).
"Even though I ________ (name the problem you want to remove), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
4. The Tapping Sequence: Tap about 5 times on each of the energy points on the head and torso in the diagram on the left below, while repeating a brief phrase that refers to the problem.
5. Determine your distress level again on a scale of 0 to 10. If it’s still high, say:
“Even though I still have this remaining __________ (problem), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
6. Repeat from Step 1 until your distress level is at 0 or as close to 0 as possible.
EFT Tapping Points